Alan Brownstein

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Volokh, Eugene
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:35 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: A Hypo I Am Using in Class

    Note also that Pico had no majority opinion even supporting the
proposition that libraries may not remove books based on viewpoint.
Four Justices took this view; four took the opposite view; the swing
vote, Justice White, merely concluded that the Court should avoid making
the decision on whether such viewpoint-discriminatory removals are
permitted by waiting until there were more factual findings, which might
make such a decision unnecessary.

    Eugene