On Dec 15, 2007, at Sat, Dec 15,  9:36 PM, Gordon James
Klingenschmitt wrote:

> Actually, Jean and Susan, you've already "lived long enough" to see
> a House resolution like this passed honoring other
> religions....including Islam....unanimously this year.

I stand corrected, Mr. Klingenschmitt.  Would you kindly cite the
resolution numbers for the following honored religions?

Wicca
Buddhism
Shinto
Zorastrian
Judaism
Asatru
Secular Humanism/Atheism (prolly not religions, but hey, I've heard
Christians arguing that they were, so why not?)

My point still stands.  In a country dominated by Christians, isn't
it self-serving to "honor" themselves?  Especially in light of the
recent attack on Jews in a New York subway by self-identified
Christians?  Neither sounds very Christian to me.  Christianity is
the default;  Our legal holidays are based on many Christian
holidays.  Non-Christians are ridiculed, attacked, defamed and have
to fight for our rights at every turn.

Jean
Blessed Yuletide in the names of the Oak and Holly kings, and the
Maiden, Mother and Crone.  I'll see your Jesus, and raise you a
pantheon.