Thanks Eugene for taking us back to the facts.  I received many emails and
calls regarding the situation and there were people who had to wait an hour for
a cab because of the objection.  None of them were anti-Muslim.   They did have
the sense that the cabbies were discriminating against them because they did
not share their religious affiliation.

   I raised earlier the fact that the imams had intervened saying there was no
rule about transporting alcohol because that is why the issue died away and did
not resurface.

Marci