Chris, I respectfully disagree with the ipso facto view that a plaintiff is
substantially burdened when ever compelled to do something their religion
forbids. Burdened yes, substantially burdened maybe. This may sound cold, but
"it's business." I would suggest to people who oppose the mandate to "move on"
but I know that isn't going to happen.

I believe that current mandate found the correct "accommodation" in balancing
the interests of employers and employees. Obviously, some disagree.

Not said in this discussion so far is that "in the name of religion" much ill is
done (including war and discrimination). In my view, broadening the
accommodation would add to the list. (I would see granting the accommodation to
O'Brien like granting a religious exemption to parents from seeking medical care
for their sick children.)

Bob Ritter