Tom--

The employer is insisting that employees accept benefit plans tailored to his
religious beliefs, even though they accepted employment, which under federal law
prohibits the employer from discriminating on the basis of religion (or
gender).

Amos is irrelevant as a religious organization has an exemption that a
for-profit corporation does not have under Title VII.

Marci

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law