A circuit judge being arrogant?  Condescending?  In control of his courtroom?
Interrupting counsel?
A judge trying to pin down a lawyer with a loaded question?

Seems pretty normal to me.  If a judge asks a question with a hidden premise,
you can attack that premise, and the judge will appreciate having that aspect
revealed — but only if you answer the question given his or her premise in the
first place.

Advocates should also be aware that at times their best friend on the court
turns out to be the one challenging you the most because once you’ve answered
their questions, they can decide based on their judgment on all the aspects of
the case.  Of course it is more common that judges argue their position through
questions.

In terms of the interrupting judge — if it is too excessive, one can eventually
ask to be allowed to finish the point.

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar                     vox:  202-806-8017
Director of International Programs, Institute for Intellectual Property and

Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at
the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.
-- Augustine of Hippo.