To be fair to Doug and others of us who fought for RFRA and RLPA and RLUIPA
way back when, we thought they were worth fighting for because of all
manner of cases that *did not involve the commercial sector* -- including,
for example, Doug's prisoner case that the Court just granted.  Doug is
right that no one, back then, thought commercial sector cases could prevail
-- because they have virtually never received so much as a vote in the
Supreme Court.

But that was then; this is now.  If Hobby Lobby prevails, and if these
state laws are enacted against the backdrop of such a Supreme Court
decision and a manifest legislative and popular intent to promote
exemptions in the commercial sphere, well . . . that's a different
landscape entirely, isn't it?