Thanks Brad. I'm still not sure I understand, though. You have helped me
understand why, in the *absence* of a contraception mandate a religious
employer with these beliefs would be obligated to choose not to cover
contraception. But the contraception mandate doesn't allow the employer to
choose whether contraception is covered. So in what way is the employer
"fully involved in the decision of what is being covered"?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Brad Pardee <bp51...@windstream.net> wrote:

> Because the employee's paycheck is a blank check.  The employee can do
> whatever they want with it because, as part of the salary, there are no
> limits on what the employee can or can't spend the money on.  However,
> insurance is not a blank check.  The policy specifies what it is covering
> and what it is not covering and the employer, in determining the range of
> the benefits they offer, is fully involved in the decision of what is being
> covered and is fully accountable to his or her God for that decision.
>

> Brad

Hillel Y. Levin
Associate Professor
University of Georgia