I appreciate the sentiment in opposition to Mississippi SB 2681 in that
this law would provide protection for business owners who wanted to
discriminate through their corporation.  (I still can't see how this
wouldn't signal a breach in the corporate veil as the ultimate expression
of an alter ego, but I digress.)

I'm reminded of a case I was involved with a few years ago  represented a
plaintiff who was a member of a religious minority, employed for a secular
small company, who was terminated by her employer soon after the owner of
the company received a memorandum from a trusted staff member expressing
concern about religious "influences" that conflicted with the evangelical
world view of the owner.  Had an Arizona-style RFRA been in place, the
employer would have used the law against my client as a defense, and could
have claimed that he was in fact a victim of an attempt to force him to
maintain the employment of people who did not share his (i.e. the
company's) religious beliefs.

Conceivably this type of event would be repeated over and over and the
discrimination would become systematic.

However there does not seem to be a need to diminish the existing
individual religious exercise rights which are protected under the existing
state RFRAs.  In many ways, RFRAs for individuals (not businesses) are the
guardians of individual rights to free exercise of religion.

Michael Peabody, Esq.
ReligiousLiberty.TV