Thanks, Alan, for the reformulation. I prefer something like this, instead:

“Pursuant to Kentucky law, the county clerk’s authority will not be exercised
in a way that forces him or her to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs
as long as this does not violate the rights of others. All licenses and other
documents requiring the county clerk's authorization are available through this
office under the authority of the county clerk here or of some other official
authorized by state law to issue them.”

I do not think this accommodation violates the Establishment Clause. (I haven’t
thought through potential compelled speech issues with a sign as an actual rule
to be implemented, but I like the thought experiment of trying to put the
position in sign form to boil it down to essentials.)

One difference between my formulation and Alan’s is to take out “required to be
authorized by this office.” The phrase “this office” is ambiguous. It could
mean  “this office” (designating the human being holding a particular office,
the actual county clerk) and “this office” (designating a physical location,
where the county clerk works). The two sentences in Alan’s sign are probably
best understood to use the two different meanings I’ve distinguished, but the
first sentence could be misinterpreted. In the first sentence “this office” is
probably best understood to mean the actual county clerk (a human being) with
authority over the physical location that the sign is posted in. In the second
sentence, “this office” is probably best understood to mean the physical
location that the sign is posted in.

My reformulation eliminates the ambiguity. Under Kentucky law, the licenses are
to be authorized by a human being holding a particular office (namely, by one
of the 120 people holding the office of county clerk). This is the authority of
a real, live, breathing person who holds a particular public office enabling
her to perform certain activities. Alleviating a burden on her exercise of
religion does not give conscience protection to “the office of county clerk,”
understood as a government entity or a place that somebody goes. The protection
is personal to a human being.

Kevin