And, in my experience, it's an uncommon Roman Catholic who remembers/knows
what he or she celebrates on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (just a
few days ago, on Dec. 8!).  I'm aware of a case in Maine in which the
government lawyer attempted to undermine a Catholic plaintiff's
religion-based claim in a tuition-assistance-related case by catching the
plaintiff in a mistake about that Feast.  (If I remember correctly, the
government lawyer was wrong about it, too.)

More seriously, though:  It doesn't seem to me that the undeniable fact of
many believers' ignorance or forgetfulness regarding theological or
historical details should be seen as weakening the case for (in appropriate
cases) religion-specific asylum claims.

Sincerely (!),

Rick