This case is *very *confused, and complicated, as a factual matter, by
virtue of the interactions of two different Washington regulations--the
"Stocking" rule and the "Delivery" rule--and the fact that the State has
not enforced either rule against Storman's or any other religious
objector.  For what it's worth, I believe Alito's description of the
facts--his treatment of the distinct operations of, and practices under,
the two rules--is incomplete and misleading, for reasons I'd be happy to
discuss offline.  But that's really beside the point now that the Court has
denied cert.  (It would have created a nightmare of untangling had they
granted cert.)

For now, I would just point out the following:  Even on Alito's own account
of the facts and the Washington regulations, the State does not "uniquely
burden religiously motivated conduct."  This is the telling passage in his
dissent:

While the regulations themselves do not expressly single out *religiously
motivated* referrals, the Board’s guidance accompanying the regulations
does: “The rule,” it warns, “does not allow a pharmacy to refer a patient
to another pharmacy to avoid filling the prescription *due to moral or
ethical objections*.” SER 1248 (emphasis added).

Religious objections to contraception, in other words, are not "uniquely
burdened," even on Alito's view of the case; instead, they are--at
*worst*--treated
exactly the same as other "moral or ethical objections."