George,

Under Copyright law, there is something called fair use. This allows us to use a person's work (ie Crum's dictionary) without paying as long as it is for non-commercial purpose. Of course, if you are a commercial user then you must pay USD135 because you are profiting from it.

I hope this helps clarify.

Mark.

From: "George Ghaly, DDS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <RemEnKimi@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [RemEnKimi] Coptic dictionnary
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:33:31 -0400

I don’t think you should redistribute it at all. If people want Crum’s dictionary, they can now get on Amazon for $135. It has a new copyright from Nov 2005. Regardless, of how we feel about copying (either hard or soft), it shouldn’t be done. The website is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159752333X/sr=1-1/qid=1155590547/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-5778311-9755354?ie=UTF8&s=books

George