On 2019-12-29, Dianne Skoll wrote: > On a personal note, I can't believe I'm still working on Remind in > (almost) 2020. I wrote the first version of Remind in 1989; it was > never released and I wrote it because I'd been exposed to UNIX and > subsequently exiled to MS-DOS and needed a replacement for calendar. > The first version of Remind I released to the world was 2.0, released > on comp.sources.misc (USENET) in 1990. Here's to 30+ years of fun! :)
And I am so glad you wrote it and continue to support it. I've been using it for a very long time but I don't remember just how long. HP-UX used to have (in the late 80s or early 90s) a similar X-based calendar program with a well-designed and useful scripting language. That was when HP-UX was being designed by engineers for engineers. Subsequent versions simplified, then removed the scripting language as it was considered too difficult for users to understand. What was left was a GUI-only interface that only allowed for the typical selection of daily, weekly and monthly reminders. I went looking for something better and found remind. So thank you very much for a great tool and congratulations on 30+ years. Best regards, Gary _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
