On 2020-01-25 17:47, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> - IMPROVEMENT: In calendar mode ("-c" option), Remind automatically
> adjusts the width of the calendar to fit the terminal window if
> standard output is a TTY.This is wonderful! I soooo frequently used -c+ -w$COLUMNS to get that (which only worked in certain shells like bash, ksh, and zsh, because they set/updated $COLUMS, but /bin/sh didn't automatically set/update that variable). Will be nice to have that happen automatically. I appreciate how it's smart about knowing whether the output is a TTY or not: $ rem -c+ # produces full-width $ rem -c+ | cat # defaults to 80 wide (I might have poked at ComputeCalWidth to look for edge-cases to test, but it appears to be working uneventfully in all the cases I came up with) > - NEW FEATURE: Add support for $DefaultColor system variable, > suggested by Tim Chase. > > - NEW FEATURE: The "-@" command-line option allows colored reminders > in Agenda Mode as well as in Calendar Mode. It also adds support > for terminal emulators that can handle the xterm 256-color escape > sequences as well as the true 24-bit color escape sequences. I'm not sure if you can hear the chortle of delight from here in north-TX, but I banged on this with all my weird test cases and it handled every one of them exactly right. It broke gracefully in a couple "Tim is doing something stupid" cases, but it was easy to understand why. (mostly a "change the color by emitting an ANSI sequence in msgsuffix, it doesn't try to reset the color when done", but that's obviously doing exactly what I told it to. So not a bug. Except maybe in the user. ;-) Still giddy at this impending arrival in the soon-to-be-3.3.0 release. Congratulations! Thanks so much, and here's thanks for your many years of work on remind! -tim _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
