On Sun, 26 Jan 2020, Dianne Skoll wrote: > On 2020-01-25 18:41, W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. wrote: > >> The new JSON output, and the resulting reverse-engineering by >> TkRemind, sound great. I don't have time to check now but I want to >> ask a question about it before I forget. When I start using the new >> TkRemind, will my .reminders file have a mix of the old-style (with >> ugly (your word) comment blocks) and new-style reminders? Will the old >> style continue to be supported? I have a clunky and limited TCL script >> that puts TKTAG's into .reminders. Should it continue to work? > > The new TkRemind will ignore the option blocks, and in fact will delete > them if it has to rewrite the reminders file. > > You can use TKTAGs in reminders as long as the lines you add match > this regular expression: > > ^REM TAG TKTAG[0-9]+ > > Be aware that if you delete a reminder from within TkRemind, it will > renumber the TKTAGs on existing reminders. So if you need a stable TKTAG > as an identifier, you're out of luck. If this is a problem, let me know > and I'll figure out a way around this.
This all sounds fine. My script is write-only so it seems that it should continue to work. Thank you for the quick response and the great tool. - Robert _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
