On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 07:42:13PM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On 2020-09-16 19:36, Ed Blackman wrote:
> 
> > How would I express a reminder that I want to show every Thursday,
> > *except* for the Thursday on the same week as the first Tuesday of
> > the month?
> 
> The first Tuesday of the month can range from the 1st to the 7th of the
> month.  The corresponding Thursday would range from the 3rd to the 9th.
> 
> So I believe this would work:
> 
> OMIT 26 November 2020 MSG Thanksgiving
> REM Thu SKIP SATISFY [$Td < 3 || $Td > 9] MSG Thursday!

That works for the next two years, so thank you!

I also want to send myself a reminder the previous Friday when there's 
an event on one of those Thursdays.  That was trickier, but this is what 
I came up with:

OMIT 26 November 2020 # Thanksgiving
REM Thu --6 SKIP SATISFY [!isomitted($T+6) && (day($T+6) < 3 || day($T+6) > 9)] 
\
    RUN send_email -s "send meeting email for [$T+6]"

I could have distributed the +6 for the > 9 test ("day($T) > 3"), but 
couldn't figure out how to do that for the other test so left it.

This works, but I'm not thrilled by having to sprinkle $T+6 all around.  
Is there a better way of accomplishing the same thing?

-- 
Ed Blackman

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to