On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 12:46:18PM -0500, Tim Chase wrote: > On 2020-09-18 17:10, Ed Blackman wrote: > > I also want to send myself a reminder the previous Friday when > > there's an event on one of those Thursdays. That was trickier, but > > this is what I came up with: > > you might be able to set a variable to the most recent trigdate() and > then do some math on it to create the other event. Something like > > OMIT Nov 26 2020 # Thanksgiving > REM Thu SKIP SATISFY [$Td < 3 || $Td > 9] MSG Thursday thing > IF trigvalid() > SET meeting $T > REM [meeting-6] RUN send_email -s "Send mail for [meeting]" > ENDIF > > Based on a quick check, it seems to do what you intend.
It does. Thank you! One last question: what is the scope of variables in remind? There's no discussion of scope in the man page, suggesting that there's only global scope, and that I should "UNSET meeting" before the ENDIF for cleanliness. Is that correct? A quick test shows that "meeting" is still set outside the IF block if I don't UNSET it, so it's not block scope, but I haven't used variables before so there might be some complexity I'm missing, or just no scopes/only global scope. -- Ed Blackman _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
