On 2020-09-18 17:10, Ed Blackman wrote:
> I also want to send myself a reminder the previous Friday when
> there's an event on one of those Thursdays. That was trickier, but
> this is what I came up with:
>
> OMIT 26 November 2020 # Thanksgiving
> REM Thu --6 SKIP SATISFY [!isomitted($T+6) && (day($T+6) < 3 ||
> day($T+6) > 9)] \ RUN send_email -s "send meeting email for [$T+6]"
>
> I could have distributed the +6 for the > 9 test ("day($T) > 3"),
> but couldn't figure out how to do that for the other test so left
> it.
>
> This works, but I'm not thrilled by having to sprinkle $T+6 all
> around. Is there a better way of accomplishing the same thing?
you might be able to set a variable to the most recent trigdate() and
then do some math on it to create the other event. Something like
OMIT Nov 26 2020 # Thanksgiving
REM Thu SKIP SATISFY [$Td < 3 || $Td > 9] MSG Thursday thing
IF trigvalid()
SET meeting $T
REM [meeting-6] RUN send_email -s "Send mail for [meeting]"
ENDIF
Based on a quick check, it seems to do what you intend.
-tim
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/