On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:54:53 -0700 Lang Hurst via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> I saw this earlier and I really like it. The bigger helpers, > tkremind and wyrd, are great for some things but I rarely use them > because just editing the files is easier for me. This little bash > script seems like the best of both worlds so far. Yeah. I use TkRemind as my daily driver, but I can definitely see the use-case for this, especially over an SSH connection on a machine where I can't install OCaml prereqs. I've fallen into this workflow: o My workplace calendar entries are pulled from Google Calendar into ~/.reminders/062-google-work.inc (which conditionally gets included depending on whether or not I want just personal reminders or work ones too.) o I create reminders for social events on my phone; they go into Google Calendar and get pulled down into ~/.reminders/060-google.inc by a cron job. o For quick one-off reminders while I'm working, I create them in TkRemind. o For reminders with complex logic, I hand-edit them. This has become pretty rare because all of my complex reminders have been set up and I rarely need to touch them. Regards, Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
