Thanks s lot, Dianne, and happy to see that it can be of any use for others!  

The ambition indeed is not to compete with Wyrd, I hope both tools can fill 
different niches. Here, the whole event editing is left to the text editor in 
the Remnind language. I simply wanted a minimal and rather portable viewer for 
Remind's nice text outputs, but with navigation/interaction features, a few 
toggles to customize the views, and seamless editing/refreshing. Bash is 
probably not the best for that but my skills are limited and I wanted no 
dependencies, since Wyrd is not easily installed on all distributions.

There's room for improvement but I want to keep it simple. I find it works best 
for me as a floating window when clicking on my clock.

Cheers,

M

On 2022-09-15 20:41 Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> Hi,
>  
> Mathieu L has announced a cool shell script that is quite a nice
> Remind helper.  It's a pure Bash script, so pretty much any Linux
> machine will have the prerequisites.  It wraps Remind in a way
> somewhat reminiscent of Wyrd, but is much smaller (and obviously
> lacks
> many of Wyrd's features... it is definitely not intended as a Wyrd
> replacement.)
>  
> Anyway, check it out at: https://git.sr.ht/~mlaparie/remint
>  
> Regards,
>  
> Dianne.
> 

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to