Is there a way for a reminder file to determine of -@ was passed on the command-line? Historically, I've provided this as redundant information via an alias:
rem -iCOLOR=2 -@2 ... but it would be helpful if there was some system-variable that gave me access to that information. While I'm pipe-dreaming, is there any chance to expose the internal "convert an RGB triple to its corresponding ANSI sequence" functions? One of my hacks has been to have color triples stored as strings like SET Purple "58 0 82" and then a color function c() that converts it to the corresponding ANSI sequence for the specified color-depth, letting me do things like REM Oct 9 2022 MSG This is [c(Purple)]Purple text[c($DefaultColor)]? The definition of that c() varies based on whether I've defined a COLOR variable, and if so, what its color-depth value is (I have convert-to-16color-ANSI and convert-to-24-bit-color-ANSI because those are the defaults in the main terminals I use, so I haven't done the 256-color-ANSI version yet). But because those are Remind functions, they are, *coughs* suboptimal to say the least. And they don't take into consideration the lighten-on-dark-backgrounds and darken-on-light-backgrounds logic you have. So in my fantasy world, I'd have the ability to rip out all my reminder code that parallels stuff that Remind is already tracking/providing internally. Any chance? I'm open to spelunking in code again and attempting to implement them myself if they sound like useful improvements. -Tim _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
