On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 17:54:27 +0000 Tim Chase via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2022-10-09 11:08, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote: > > Tim Chase via Remind-fans wrote: > > > Is there a way for a reminder file to determine of -@ was passed > > > on the command-line? > > Nope. I could fix that. > I figured it would be a pretty quick patch to add that to the > available system-variables (prob. takes more code to patch the > man-page :-) It's in git HEAD if you want to have a look. [...] > The only gotcha I've encountered in using that function is that the > non-printing ANSI sequence gets considered as part of the string > length when using MSF, so it can introduce surpise artifacts, > considering lines longer than the actual (printing) text they > contain: Yep. MSF is broken with respect to non-printing sequences and also, as it turns out, with multibyte UTF-8 characters. I'm not sure how widely MSF is used, so this may not be fixed for a while. Non-printing sequences will also mess up "remind -c" output; the man page in git HEAD notes this and provides a recommendation. > Any chance for a format-string character that prints the > AT-to-DURATION time range? I've created a custom function to do it > for me: You can override a substitution sequence. For example, if you find you never use "%7" in your files, you can simply redefine it: FSET subst_7(a, d, t) timespan() and "%7" will now magically be equivalent to [timespan()] See RUN-TIME MODIFICATION OF THE SUBSTITUTION FILTER in the Remind man page. Regards, Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
