On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 07:42:23 -0700
Gary Johnson via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have TkRemind running on two Ubuntu systems.  On one, the "Go to
> previous month" and "Go to next month" arrows on either side of
> "Today" appear as arrows, as I would expect.  On the other, they
> appear as empty rectangles.  How do I fix the latter?

It is a bad font.  Let me see which font is being used on my system...

tkremind: font actual TkDefaultFont
-family {DejaVu Sans} -size 10 -weight normal -slant roman -underline 0 
-overstrike 0

So it's apparently DeJaVu Sans.

You can see which font your tkremind is using with Tk's excellent "rmt" app.
On my Debian system, I ran:

    wish /usr/share/doc/tk8.6-doc/demos/rmt

Then in the File menu, I selected the tkremind application and typed:

    font actual TkDefaultFont

Regards,

Dianne.
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to