On 2022-11-01, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 09:11:25 -0700
> Gary Johnson via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On the system showing arrows, rmt says,
>
> > -family {DejaVu Sans} -size 10 -weight normal -slant roman
> > -underline 0 -overstrike 0
>
> > On the system showing rectangles,
>
> > -family {DejaVu Sans} -size 10 -weight normal -slant roman
> > -underline 0 -overstrike 0
>
> Huh! Maybe it's a different version? Or you're missing a package? On
> my Debian machine, I have these installed:
>
> fonts-dejavu, fonts-dejavu-core and fonts-dejavu-extra
>
> All are version 2.37-2
Now I'm really confused. I was so sure that was going to fix it.
I ran
$ apt list --installed | grep fonts-dejavu
on both systems.
On the system showing arrows:
fonts-dejavu-core/focal,focal,now 2.37-1 all [installed]
fonts-dejavu-extra/focal,focal,now 2.37-1 all [installed,automatic]
fonts-dejavu/focal,focal,now 2.37-1 all [installed,automatic]
On the system showing rectangles:
fonts-dejavu-core/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed,automatic]
I installed the fonts-dejavu and fonts-dejavue-extra packages on the
latter so that it now has:
fonts-dejavu-core/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed,automatic]
fonts-dejavu-extra/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed]
fonts-dejavu/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed]
The arrows still show as rectangles, even after rebooting. The font
packages _are_ different versions, but the one I just installed is
the same version you have.
I wonder if there is anything else one needs to do to install
a font.
Thanks for your help and your patience.
Regards,
Gary
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/