There was a recent thread here on interesting or unusual ways people use remind. I can't seem to find it in my e-mail account to add this, and for breaking the thread, I'm sorry.
A couple of days ago I started writing a bash script to put the current weather conditions into a notify-send popup and wanted a way to use different icons based on the conditions and whether or not it was day or night. I looked for a program to tell me when sunrise and sunset are and, after a couple of disappointing finds, I realized I already have one. Duh. Using this in a separate file, I get exactly what I want. ``` BANNER % REM Sunrise: [sunrise()] Sunset: [sunset()] ``` I parse the output through awk rather than running remind twice, but it occurred to me afterward that I'm probably not saving much overhead that way. Maybe I'll reconsider. -- () ascii ribbon campaign * against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org * against proprietary attachments Home: http://nlphilia.com * Blog: http://nlphilia.net _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
