> > I was thinking of developing something that could manage Remind > calendars centrally. You could then search for free time to schedule > meetings by running Remind against each person's calendar in a special > mode that tracks busy/free times... some sort of daemon to do the calendar > management. > > However, that sounded like a lot of work and since Remind has no chance > of being used in a corporate environment anyway (where most of the demand > for shared calendars is) I don't think it would be worth it. > > If someone else wants to tackle this... go for it! :) >
I am reminded of the book /Dreaming in Code/ - it describes Mitch Kapor's Chandler project, and how it died because the calendar server got too complicated. He spent several million dollars on it and never shipped anything. Syncing calendars in general is pretty hard, I guess.
_______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
