I run Debian on a laptop (not a server 24/7 up and running then) and I have 3 different `remind` invocations:
1) /etc/cron.weekly/remind-weekly-l0f4r0 rem -hq -b1 -ul0f4r0 -ms+1 Goal: be notified the week before about future reminders 2) /etc/cron.daily/remind-daily-l0f4r0 <http://cron.weekly/remind-weekly-l0f4r0> rem -hq -ul0f4r0 -k'/usr/bin/mutt -s "[Remind] Remind of $(date +"%d/%m/%Y"): "%s"" -- myemail@adress' Goal: receive a daily email with the reminders for today (1 email per reminder) 3) ~/.xsessionrc nohup rem -z -k'echo %s | gxmessage -file - -font "14" -noescape -ontop -sticky -name "[Remind] "%s"" -title "[Remind] "%s"" &' & Goal: trigger graphical/desktop alerts for today timed reminders I use a custom SCHED function for my timed reminders so I get multiple chances to generate/receive alerts: FSET progressive_sched_notification(x) choose(x, 00:01, 07:00, 30, 30, 30, 30, -180, -120, -60, -30, 0) NB: weekly & daily crons are launched by anacron on Debian. l0f4r0 _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
