On Fri, 29 Aug 2025 12:55:33 +1000
Jin Chen <[email protected]> wrote:

> I see it as an opportunity for `remind` growing it usage in
> community. Not sure how difficult to make `remind` recognize timezone
> information from the ground zero. Worth a feature request? 

Yes, I think that would be a nice feature.  I'm thinking about
how to implement it.  For example, it would be really nice to have
something like:

    REM ZONE "Europe/Amsterdam" Wed AT 15:00 MSG Whatever...

automatically do the proper adjustments for your local time zone.  I
think it only makes sense to have a ZONE for a timed reminder; the
semantics of:

    REM ZONE "Europe/Amsterdam" Wed MSG Whatever...

are not clear to me.

No promises, but I'll think about it.  I'm actually (supposed to be) on
holiday at the moment, so shouldn't even be thinking. :)

Regards,

Dianne.
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to