On 2025-08-28 16:49, Remind list wrote:
>  1. What's the best way to deal with the changing timezone?
>
>  I can use IF statement to set the timeshift variable and use it to
>  calculate the time gap. However the expression [block5+timeshift]
>  won't increment Tue to Wed.

You might have to use expression-evaluation to operate on the whole
datetime rather than just the time.  Assuming the class is at 15:30 in
the Asia/Dubai timezone, and your local timezone is CST6CDT:
  
  REM [ \
    tzconvert( \
      datetime(trig("Tue"), 15:30), \
      "Asia/Dubai", \
      "CST6CDT" \
      )] \
    MSG Online course

should do the trick.  On my Linux & BSD machines, I have a whole slew of
timezone files under

  /usr/share/zoneinfo/*

where I have both the traditional notations like "CST6CDT" as well as by
city like "America/Chicago" depending on how you prefer it.

>  2. How to cancel the low priority event in the situation of the 
>  overlap? 

I wish I could give you something more useful on that front, but this
is one of the two major areas[1] I struggle with Remind...determing
conflicting events is, as you note:

> seem to be very difficult, if not impossible

:-)


-tim

[1] the other is the import/export of iCalendar/ICS files which is sorta
doable with scripts, but remind is far more powerful than iCalendar/ICS
can express so it's always pretty lossy
-- 





_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to