Hi Dianne, 

Your action is fast. Just a quick note as I am struggling to find more 
time. 

Starting with a diagram showing the dates of DST change:

 2025>---- 30 Mar ----- 26 Oct --2026>---29 Mar ----25 Oct ->
            |           |                |            |
Europe/     |   UTC+2   |   UTC+1        |  UTC+2     |  UTC+1
 Amesterdam |           |                |            |
------------+-----------+--+---------+---+------------+-----
America/                   |         |
 Toronto       UTC-5       |  UTC-4  |    UTC-5
                           |         |
                         2 Nov     8 Mar 
                          2025      2026

Then, the tests result shall be:
|------------+--------------+---------------------+
| Date       | Gap in Hours | Message             |
+------------+--------------+---------------------+
| 2025-09-04 |  7           | ...(at 8:00am)      |
| 2025-10-30 |  6           | ...(at 9:00am)      |
| 2026-03-05 |  5           | ...(at 10:00am)     |
| 2026-03-12 |  6           | ...(at 9:00am)      |
+------------+--------------+---------------------+

Two issues: 

 1. If my calculation isn't wrong, there is one extra hour shift in 
    current implementation.

 2. The DST change dates are different, so there should be a combination 
    of three gaps in hours (5,6,7hr)

Regards,

Jin
 

On 2025-10-30, there are 6 hours gap. The result shall be 


On Wed, Sep 03, 2025 at 05:57:38PM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:

> Anyway, here's a little taste.  Consider this REM command:
> 
>     REM Thursday AT 15:00 TZ Europe/Amsterdam MSG Something at 15:00 CEST (%2)
> 
> My time zone is America/Toronto which is UTC-5 when standard time is in
> effect and UTC - 4 when daylight saving time is in effect.
> 
> If I run Remind against the above command...
> 
> ... on 2025-09-04, I get: Something at 15:00 CEST (at 9:00am)
> ... on 2025-10-30, I get: Something at 15:00 CEST (at 10:00am)
> ... on 2026-03-05, I get: Something at 15:00 CEST (at 9:00am)
> ... on 2026-03-12, I get: Something at 15:00 CEST (at 10:00am)
> 

> 
> Regards,
> 
> Dianne.



> _______________________________________________
> Remind-fans mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to