chiefsfan wrote:

> Our city PD is responsible for security at the airport which is 9 miles from
> the city and thier vhf repeater. They are having trouble getting into the
> repeater from inside the building but can reach ok outside the building. Does
> the group think a passive repeater might do the job for them with a yagi on
> the roof and a short piece of good quility coax and a quarter wave in the
> building?

Are you talking about inside a concourse? If so, I would use a pair of
yagis pointed up and down the length instead of an omni. Or one yagi at
each end pointed towards the middle, with a sepearate donor antenna on each.
And in any event, the more gain on both antennas, and the less loss in
the coax, the better.

--
Jim

--------
"The higher you are, the harder it is to pump."
-Cleveland Mayor Jane Cambell, after the big black-out of 2003