Many modern buildings are using a coated glass - if you are
outside and looking at the building and at certain angles the
glass looks a grey or bronze color then you have that coating.

I was working in a building in downtown Los Angeles and the
glass men were replacing a broken window.  I could stand
in the middle of the room and through the window opening
see the mountain that the repeater was on and use my HT
just fine (TX and RX).  An hour later the glass was reinstalled
and I was totally out of communications.  I asked the glass
guys if there was something special about the glass and they
said that it was a low-E glass with an additional sunlight
reflective coating.

Mike WA6ILQ