At 04:01 AM 12/5/03 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm thinking about putting a receiver preamp in our system. Any words
>of advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Brand, model, etc.
>If you ahve one for sale let me know too. Thanks.

Look at http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/supplyindex.html and
scroll down to "repeater receiver preamplifiers".  Several vendors are listed.

My personal choice is Anglelinear - I've had the pleasure of chatting with
Chip Angle in person several times and the guy knows his stuff - he is a
weak signal enthusiast and repeater owner and has developed most of his
products from requirements from his own activities or those of his customers.

Various folks I know have collectively purchased over $90k worth of products
from him over the last 25 years.  Other customers include NASA.

His web site (http://www.anglelinear.com) is worth spending a hour perusing,
and the Repeater Application Notes page (buried in the "Duplexers" section)
should be required reading for everyone.

Just an opinion from a very satisfied customer.

Mike WA6ILQ