I have heard that adding whiskers to a DB-224 element (150-160 MHz)
is a good way to bring the antenna closer to resonance in the 2-meter
ham band.  I have done this and it seems to work well.  Has anyone
else tried this method and been successful, and seen any gain
increases?  Any down-falls or pattern distortions with this method?

See more details and pictures:

http://www.w4dex.com/modify.htm

Thanks for all responses on the "identify this antenna" message.
This group has been very helpful many topics.

Derek KC4FWC

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: