I am looking into building a repeater out of 2 kenwood mobiles. Do both mobiles have to be the same? Can they be different models? How would I connect them to a controller without a data cable coming out the back of the radio? Is it possible to use the mic jacks? Which controller should I use for a very very small budget? I would like a CW id on the repeater. A possible phone patch later, but not right now.

I am totally new to repeater so please make it simple. I am hoping for something like a plug in and its on the air type thing, with exception for programming the controller and radios.

Thank you in advance for you help, Mike

Do you Yahoo!?