Mike

You will need to be able to get to the PTT line in the transmitter
(available at the mike plug), Discriminator and squelch from the receiver.
These are usually available only from the inside. Keep in mind that the
transmitter only has sufficient heatsink for 5-10% transmit time. This is a
maximum of six minutes of key down with 54 minutes  of cool down each hour.
You can push this a little, but reliability starts taking a nose dive. You
can add fans to the transmitter and might be able to get rid of enough heat.

Most any of the controllers should work. Make sure that the receiver has a
helical front end or that you budget for additional filtering in the duplexer.

Wish you luck in your venture.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV

At 06:16 PM 01/18/04 -0800, you wrote:
>I am looking into building a repeater out of 2 kenwood mobiles. Do both
>mobiles have to be the same? Can they be different models? How would I
>connect them to a controller without a data cable coming out the back of
>the radio? Is it possible to use the mic jacks? Which controller should I
>use for a very very small budget? I would like a CW id on the repeater. A
>possible phone patch later, but not right now.
>
>I am totally new to repeater so please make it simple. I am hoping for
>something like a plug in and its on the air type thing, with exception for
>programming the controller and radios.
>

>Thank you in advance for you help, Mike
>

>Do you Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Hotjobs:
><http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/mail_footer_email/evt=21482/*http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus>Enter
>
>the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes

>    *
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>    *
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

To visit your group on the web, go to: