norton yu wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to the group and am interested in building a
> repeater for GMRS use.
>
> I was told that I will need two identical radios with
> controller and dupluxer etc,but can someone explain a
> little more?
>
> I have two Kenwood TK-805D mobile radios and are they
> suitable for this task or what are my options?
>
> Any input will be very much appreciated!

Barely-the important thing is that, on the one you use for transmit,
KEEP THE POWER DOWN to abt 10-12 W!!!! And at that you should put a fan
on the heatsink.
You'd be better off finding something like a Mitrek or Micor or Mastr II
turnk-mount mobile, or best, a real station (MSR-2000 is roughly
equivalent to a Mitrek mobile), and making a repeater out of it. They
are easy to duplex and interface to a tone panel. Also they have much
better receivers for high profile sites.
Besides, those radios are too nice to tie up on a fixed frequency
repeater. I use a 705D and an 805D in the car, and it sure is nice to
have  the field programmability.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL