Johnny,
I havnt seen anything saying that you cant use 2 radio to make a repeater. I
know most radios have about 50 watts output so the power should be turned down
a bit to save that radio and help from people in the area complaining. I Do
agree you should listen to the area for any other users that use close freqs. I
would really check for FRS use with PL tones.I know in my area that 462.550 is
not a highly used GMRS freq so I chose that.And the closest freq is 40 miles
away and I talked with that owner to make sure we dont have the same PL tones.

JOHN B
Quoting Johnny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The first you need to ask is if they are type excepted for repeater use
> on the GMRS freqs.
> I have yet to see any regular moblie radio's, from the factory, that
> were type accepted for use as a repeater in the gmrs area.
> Johnny
>

> Jim B. wrote:
> > norton yu wrote:
> >
> >>Hello all,
> >>
> >>I am new to the group and am interested in building a
> >>repeater for GMRS use.
> >>
> >>I was told that I will need two identical radios with
> >>controller and dupluxer etc,but can someone explain a
> >>little more?
> >>
> >>I have two Kenwood TK-805D mobile radios and are they
> >>suitable for this task or what are my options?
> >>
> >>Any input will be very much appreciated!
> >>

> > Barely-the important thing is that, on the one you use for transmit,
> > KEEP THE POWER DOWN to abt 10-12 W!!!! And at that you should put a fan
> > on the heatsink.
> > You'd be better off finding something like a Mitrek or Micor or Mastr II
> > turnk-mount mobile, or best, a real station (MSR-2000 is roughly
> > equivalent to a Mitrek mobile), and making a repeater out of it. They
> > are easy to duplex and interface to a tone panel. Also they have much
> > better receivers for high profile sites.
> > Besides, those radios are too nice to tie up on a fixed frequency
> > repeater. I use a 705D and an 805D in the car, and it sure is nice to
> > have  the field programmability.

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Links