From: n9wys [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:41:48 -0000
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] UHF MSR2000 tuned down to 440 MHz

Our repeater is an MSR2000 UHF model, Model # C74GBS3106BT.  It was
originally at 460 MHz, and we tuned it down to 444.550 / 449.550.
Our problem is - we are only getting about .6 µv to .7 µv
sensitivity in the receiver, and this is when feeding signal
DIRECTLY into the receiver (no duplexer).  If I remember, the manual
says that nominal sensitivity should be about .2 µv...  The tuning
coils are bottomed out, so we have no more tuning available with
which to improve the receiver.....

So, my question is:  Does anyone know if there is any different
receive boards available, other than the TRNE6262A ?  If so, can you
advise what the part number would be?  I would think that Motorola
MUST have made UHF repeaters lower than 450 MHZ, but I can't seem to
locate any part numbers for receiver boards for any of those
machines.  (We called Motorola parts, and this is the part number
for the receiver board they say belongs on our machine - of course,
it's for 450-470 MHz range, which is what is specified by our model
number.  They were no help with whether there is any other receiver
board available for any other frequency spread.  Plus, the TRNE6262A
is no longer available, anyway.)  Also, my manual is not
complete...  We have all the sections for the transmitter, but the
receiver stuff is all VHF.  :-(

Otherwise, I guess a modification is in order, and I'm not sure
where to look for that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??  I'd be much obliged!

Thanks!
Mark - N9WYS

http://mail2web.com/ .