Ron,

Some questions:

1. Are you wanting to add packet to the repeater antenna, or use a separate
antenna?

2. What is the separation between the repeater and packet antennas?

3. What are you planning to use for a packet radio?

4. What brand/model are the repeater's receiver and transmitter?

Assuming your repeater is fairly good, like a Micore or, and your packet rig
is also good, you should have no problems making this work.

Place the packet antenna as far away, vertically, as possible.  Put two of
the band-pass cans on the packet rig.  It would also be nice to add a notch
can to the packet rig to notch out 147.090 TX, but it's worth a try with
what you've got.

Without adding anything to the repeater, try to determine if that setup
causes desense or not.  Put a service monitor on the repeater receiver and
key the packet transmitter.  See if the receiver sensativity goes down any.
Then key both the packet transmitter and the repeater transmitter to see if
that causes you any problems.

If you have a problem, try using 2 cans on the repeater receiver and one on
the packet receiver.

This is a rather unpredictable situation so you shouldn't be afraid to
experiment with different combinations of cans.  Also, you might be able to
move the packet antenna up or down to clear up any problems.

I have serious doubts about the repeater and the packet rig sharing an
antenna, but those who have actually tried this might be able to provide
more information.

Please let us know how the project works out.

73,
Chris Peterson, KG0BP