LOL
 Those of us that are Hams that have participated in Bunny hunts(hidden
transmitter) know this game well.... back in my high school days  I
built a dopplescant antenna system.
it used 8 1/4 wave antennas and uses Highspeed diode switching...  I
built it with a 16 led display.
 Now they sell kits with 4 antennas  and 16 led displays.. however I
found. 8 antennas gave me a more accurate readings...  I mounted the
antenna on the roof of my first car. and usually found the transmitter.
within 30 mins of leaving the house.. BTW. the transmitter could have
been located anywhere within the Nassau county border On Long Island..
I had  alot of fun with that project.
 it was Better than driving around swinging an 11 Element 2 meter beam
out of the passenger side window... looking at the FCC Clip..... seems
they got rid of the LED display and now using a computer screen...
attached is a GIF  of the Block circuit of how the system worked....
Block circuit  is from  Russ, K6BMG) BMG Engineering, Inc.  who used to
sell the Dopplerscant Kits...
Neal-CE WTTM
KA2CAF