> base, currently
> cont. duty base, that
> know of an easy way to
> wont really go down
> I'm thinking about
> the 2nd stage maxes
> Anyone done this

There's some good ideas that have been given so far,
and they will probably work fine. My thought is to
look at the PA itself and see if there is a stage or
two you can bypass and run the 40 watt Maxtrax direct
to the finals of the PA.

IIRC, and I'm not a MASTRII man, it seems that  the
first board in the PA boosts the 200 mW to 25-40 watts
to drive the final PA transistors. Couldn't you bypass
that board, hooking full Maxtrac power to that point?
Your final output power could then be adjusted by
setting the Maxtrac power.

If this could work, all that should be needed is to
remove the jumper in the PA from the 40 watt stage to
the 100 watt stage, and remove the input and bypass it
to the 100 watt finals.

Some of you MII people chime in here. I'm going to
look for a book today and see if this would work.

If this won't work, no flames please, like I said I'm
not an MII expert, but I do play one on TV.  :)

Joe

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail