The first Class RadioTelephone license he has would have expired nearly 20
years ago.  At the time, it was replaced by a license with a different name &
that license was for life.  The grand-fathering for the lifetime license has
long since passed.

That is why you are not finding it in a license database, as they were only
issued for 5 years.