Jim, I thought I'd drop you a line.

I respect your thoughts on protecting the dealers,
although most dealers tend to gouge the [EMAIL PROTECTED] out of
the ham radio market as we only buy one or two
repeaters at a time.

Granted, this is the way things work in the real
world. Dealers are looking for big sales like a P.D.
to make any money, most buyers would request a price
break after xxx units bought:) Not here where I live:)
These morons pay list price for 500 units of M gear
xts5000 stuff...off subject someone is in bed with
someone:)

Here is my thoughts on the subject, if I have a dealer
that wants say $1500.00 for a repeater and another
dealer offers me the same gear for $1100.00, I would
buy from the guy not charging me list price!

Since Kenwood gear is of such high quality I would be
very surprised if it failed and had to be returned for
warranty repair unless it was a lemon or got blown up
by the ham radio owner. Either way, the unit would be
send to a "Authorized" service center, not some dealer
with a magic screw driver and an ohm meter to figure
out what blew up.

I'm luck I have a deal that will sell me any product
of Kenwood for dealer cost plus 5% and S & H here so I
have no problems with my commercial & ham stuff...

After speaking with my dealer I was informed that all
warranty repair items send to him were to be sent to
an "Authorized" service center not him for repair and
he would be reimbursed for his shipping cost.
Therefore I can only assume the dealer your referring
to that gets burned for repair in a moron...

I suggest your moron friends of Kenwood get in touch
with Kenwood to follow up on return policies as it
appears to be in the dark.

Regards, Barry

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail