Hi Ramesh,

You must have tuned in late; the repeater I referred to herein, isn't 'For Sale'.  I have more in this repeater then most have in 3 or four of them. <grin>

We do however do custom/professional repeater conversions from commercial gear such as the GE Mastr II and Motorola Micor, from either Stations or Mobiles.  Go here to view what we have to offer:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/custombuilt.html

ve3rsd wrote:
Hi Kevin:

I am new to the world of repeaters and may be in the market for a used
2m repeater.  Could you please let me know what you are asking for the
repeater, whether it comes with a duplexer, and how easy is it to
change the operating frequencies.

If you wish to contact me off-list with pricing, etc., my email addr
is va3uv(at)rac.ca

73 de
Ramesh.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Custer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Wow Kevin, sounds like you got a [EMAIL PROTECTED] repeater
with 330 watts on 2meters.

Question for you: How many watts ERP is your repeater
putting out? What type of antenna will handle 330
watts?

The repeater is actually outputting (and is coordinated for) 250 watts
into the duplexer.  Subtracting the duplexer insertion loss of 1.5 dB
(or 29 %), I get about 175 watts to the bottom of the feeder which I
lose an additional 1/2 a dB or so, so I really get about 158 watts to
the stick (Sinclair SRL-229) which has a rated gain of 6.1 dBd, so my
ERP is about 650 watts.  The antenna will handle 300 watts, so I'd need
to run over 400 watts for that to be a concern.

I have run this station for short periods of time at the 330 watt level
for testing.  There isn't much difference in ERP between the 250 and

330

watt level, so I choose to save on the electric bill and keep the
coordinator happy and run it at the 1/4 kilowatt level.

Kevin