mch wrote:

> Well, I'm using just the box on 10M. Seems to work great (even better
> than most repeaters) at full power with just a fan.
>
> There are 'brains' in any remote mount radio control head. Yet, people
> use just the box all the time. (MASTR IIs, Micors, Mitreks, Etc.)

Not true for those radios. The heads on those are just boxes of knobs,
switches, and lights. But there are numerous newer radios that have
'brains' in the head. One that I'm familar with is the EDACS version of
the Rangr. It does have a uP in the head, and everything except audio is
a serial data stream. Volume, PTT, system/group, etc, are all in the
data stream.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL