Coy, the simple answer is to keep it out of the rain
or move it inside a building...Hi Hi..:)

Short of attempting to water proof it, most antennas
don't like to be covered with anything i.e. goo, paint
(metal flake or lead based) you could try a reson
based paint or something like "flecto varathane" I
think this is what we use to call it (magic goo).

Depending on conditions in your area you might think
about a different antenna. Looking at qrz I see your
in the Hurricaine State as we see from the news, you
might want to rethink your antenna configuration:0

Something more durable like a station master or
something along the line of a telewave antenna. The
ham antennas don't seem to weather well (no punn
intended) for harsh conditions.

I'm not sure if this will help but I always keep a
spare antenna at my site in case mother nature gets
pissed at me:)

Being a inexpensive antenna I use the UVS-200 VHF/UHF
anntenna at $65.00 Plus S & H for the repeater. The
performance of this antenna is wonderful and if it
breaks I can replace it without going broke. Still
working after 5 years....)

Regards, Barry

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail