Hi Steve, I'm going up to the site Sunday and I will likely not
pressureize it, But I will be thinking about the suggestion for a
good while. I would consider sense the half inch hardline is only
thirty feet long to the sky hook, running a small airline to it and
using a aquerium (?) pump to pressurize it. BUT I Will likely use
some Scotch brand tape that I have that "fuses" to it self to water
proof the fiber glass joints after drying it out with a trusty hair
dryer. I wish I had about 5 pounds of "Silica JELL".
Oh, while I was consulting for ANDREW Corp, some years ago I had a
chance to take a look at their sweet little "HELIAX" pressureizer.
It had a small GATES compresser mounted on a chassis and sucked air
in through two chambers of "Silica Jell" and pumped it into the hard
line. It worked really well.
73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Grantham"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Coy..  I was just joking..  However, if you could get an air
connector
> mounted on the antenna base somewhere and put pressure on it, then
you could
> soap the antenna and look for bubbles.  Once you get the antenna
sealed,
> then perhaps you could charge it, or at least let it weep through
the air
> fitting if it was positioned properly to act as a drain.
>
> Tight transmission lines are often pressurized with nitrogen.
Microwave and
> cellular lines and antennae are often pressurized using dry air.  A
> dehydrator, a compressor with a dryer, won't run out and need
replacement
> like a nitrogen bottle would, and is more suited to leaky antenna
systems.
> As long as you keep positive pressure on the line... no worrys...
concerning
> water ingress anyway.
>
> Seriously, I don't know much about the Diamond X500 (dimensions,
etc.), but
> if you can put an air fitting on it, then you can probably fix
it..  Perhaps
> you can go to the auto parts or the tire store to get an air
fitting.  They
> pressurize tires, don't they?  (Let me know if you spin balance
it.. hi hi!)

> Steve

Short