On Sunday 21 November 2004 05:07 pm, Mike WA6ILQ wrote:
> The flow chart and design of the common moonbounce
> preamp switching can be your starting point.

I have been on moonbounce and used relay sequencing schemes
for many years, but the required flow here is quite
different. Probably a simple design problem for some, but
it has me baffled.

> A line driver card could be stripped and a vectorboard
> mounted and used to hold a few "ice cube" relays to
> do the switching.

I've got no clue as I have never worked with line driver
cards.

> Alternatively...
>   I don't know about the other repeater controller manu-
> facturers but I could do it on an Scom 7K with a few
> macros triggered from digital inputs and controlling
> digital outputs.
>
> The AC Power present signal can be derived from the
> unregulated side of the power supply, or worst-case from
> a wall-wart 5v power pack... either way it can drive an
> opto- isolator which can be fed to a digital input on the
> controller.

Yep, feeding logic to a digital input to initiate the
sequence is the easy part. I've been up thinking about this
most of the night, and it looks like I can do it on my
RLC-4. It would sure be nice if there were a way to force a
slight pause between executing commands in a macro, instead
of starting a user timer and having it call yet another
macro when it expires. The minimum PTT down time during
transition will be 2 seconds due to limitations on user
timers. However, I think it will work! New project in the
queue!

> I've found high power coax relays now and then at C & H
> Surplus a.k.a. C & H Sales in Pasadena, Calif.  Phone is
> 626-796-2628. Don't know if they have a web site.
>
> Please post your results.

Thanks, and thanks for all your input. I had previously
thought about and rejected the idea of controller
programming to do this, but now that I look at it again it
seems viable. I'll post whether it works or not, as soon as
I find time to get it done.

Paul  N1BUG